Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's like a juice box....

Ok....I tried to post this last night, but thanks to a spotty internet connection, wasn't able to.

wow....the cube of wine that you can buy at Target is pretty strong....I bought the small cube, which is about 4 smallish juice boxes of wine. wow. man. i'm drunk. this is pathetic.

Anyway. I took the day off today. I had a doctors appointment scheduled for this morning and the second court date for my speeding ticket a while back. I woke up this morning at the usual time (645) panicking....thinking I had to go to work. Shortly thereafter, I realized two things....1) no work today, 2)I had a migrane headache. But, I got my ass up to get ready for my early doctors appointment. I was about half way ready, dealing with the migrane, when I got a call from the doctor's office telling me that my doctor had fallen ill....After a quick reschedule, I climbe back into bed and napped until the headache went away. Yay!

I managed to get up around 930ish, finished getting dressed and drove to Blockbuster to pick up my defensive driving DVD...spent the next 4 hours going through about 1/2 of it. I have to say, while I don't mind taking it (I did the crime, after all), its a lot of information to absorb. The ridiculousness of the animated course is tolerable...but only because when the animated reporter character does a news story on weather, the news ticker in the window is highly amusing. About halfway through the video, the "person" writing the "news scroll" starts saying things like "fog isn't caused by secondhand smoke and exhaust fumes, but is really caused by the steam coming out of the ears of mothers" and "the fog is only hiding the ninjas that are coming to eat us". The "person" soon after gets fired only to be replaced by a person who changes the "news ticker" into a scrolling menu of fast food items. It was cracking my ass up.

I rounded out the day with my court date. The judge dismissed all of the violations that I had "committed". I say "committed" because we all know they were ridiculous. I managed to get a $500 ticket reduced to the price of court fines for the speeding and the cost of renting my defensive driving course! Yay!

Yeahhh...I'm too drunk to continue to try and type.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That's completely why he stopped me....he saw my LSU plate on the front and pulled me over....I still maintain that I was not going any faster than the other two cars on the road....I'm just the one that was from Louisiana.

But, I've also seen others in the courthouse holding their license plate holder to discuss it with the judge. Several of the ones that I've seen are from the various car dealers around the state. If its okay for them to sell the cars with holder's on them, how can it be illegal to continue to use them? I don't understand....

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home