Friday, June 29, 2007

Update

Since I actually was considering giving Carlos access to my blog (only at first...sorry hon), I decided that it really was time for me to update. I would update more often, but life has been rather mundane and uneventful lately, so there isn't all that much to tell. I'm still working in Galveston. I'm supposed to be there until the end of next May. Its tentative, but that's what the schedule says. I really wouldn't be surprised to get extended past that either. The drive still sucks a bit, but Rocky makes it better. The more I drive her the happier that I am with my purchase. She does have her quirks...like all hybrids, she hums and squeals a little (from the cooling system on the big battery in the back. There's an air filter/vent/somethingamagig that squeals a bit) but the radio covers that noise up well. Her breaks have also been a bit tricky on occasion (regenitive braking is akward at times). But she makes up for this in good handling and a smooth ride. The satellite radio is also nice for my long commute. It truly is sad when there is nothing on the radio.

I'm moving in to my new apartment. Signed the lease this morning and have the cable guy here with me now. Luckily one of my neighbors has a wireless router that's not secure, so I'm able to entertain myself on the internet while he's setting up the cable and modem. The apartment is nice. Kinda small, but good. After I was here for a few minutes, I walked over to the balcony and looked out the window....noticed that there was a pidgeon on the balcony....wait...not just one pidgeon but 5 pidgeons.....and about 2 inches of pidgeon crap all over the balcony!!!! ITs HORRIFYING.

So, a quick call to my mom to discuss bird scaring tactics sent me on a trip to home depot for a shovel (yes, that's what it takes to get this stuff up), some wind chimes and something that I found called "zen maker". Its a piece of color plastic that spins in the wind. Its shiny and reflective and seems to be working. Now, I just need to pick up some fishing line to string above the balcony and maybe an owl. I noticed a lot of my neighbors have owls on their porches. Any other suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

We used to send Pierre out on our balcony to scare the birds away. Not that Pierre really knows how to catch birds, but the birds don't know that.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest hiring one of the birds to work for deloitte. In no time that one bird will tell the other birds it's story, and they will all fly away.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't even want access anymore. I don't want to ghostwrite, and if you think I want to ghostwrite, you should care that I want to ghostwrite, even though I do not.

3 months is just too long. Welcome back, even though nobody knows if this is actually you or me. I mean, why couldn't it be me?

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home