I am not creative
The whole problem with keeping up a blog is that life is in reality stunningly boring. It is quite literally the longest thing I will ever do. And despite that I'll probably cling to it when I notice it slipping away. I think people who think they are creative are actually quite uncreative. They can make stuff up, but they can't conceive that someone else, many people in fact, have already had that exact same thought, but better. And if they didn't, it was because that thought wasn't worth thinking.
Anyway, it turns out I don't have to be creative. A dreamy Puerto-Rican boy with dark hair and a round face looked up from his sparkling new iPhone and told me that people just steal. And I'm not above theft. Well, maybe in the property sense, but ideas are free.
So, I'm turning over a new leaf. Rather than a compilation of mundane life--Taylor your report on a self-cleaning oven is almost too much to bear--I will rarely be a character in my posts, except of course as the author. And perhaps even then you will question my identity or else I wouldn't be a very good author which perhaps I'm not and I will try to keep the arguments with myself down to a minimum even though their fomentation is likely to spill onto this page often.
The third episode of Flight of the Conchords aired last night. I don't know why I like it so much. It's truly terrible. There is absolutely nothing memorable about the show except that it seems to tickle me just right. Probably I'm a bit promiscuous with comedy. That "just right" is not just anything, is it? Its rather a wide tract, isn't it? You know I smile throughout the day for no particular reason: like the West Wing's Toby, happiness is my default position. It takes little effort to liberate a laugh from me. But a laugh isn't truly representative of how we feel, is it? There is social laughter and nervous laughter, but how many of us find ourselves laughing by ourselves? You maniacal laughers can keep your mental hands down even though you wouldn't dare to show them publicly anyway. Anyway, when something makes me laugh out loud while I'm alone it deserves a mention, dontcha think?
Resolution: eliminate rehetorical questions in daily posts.
Anyway, it turns out I don't have to be creative. A dreamy Puerto-Rican boy with dark hair and a round face looked up from his sparkling new iPhone and told me that people just steal. And I'm not above theft. Well, maybe in the property sense, but ideas are free.
So, I'm turning over a new leaf. Rather than a compilation of mundane life--Taylor your report on a self-cleaning oven is almost too much to bear--I will rarely be a character in my posts, except of course as the author. And perhaps even then you will question my identity or else I wouldn't be a very good author which perhaps I'm not and I will try to keep the arguments with myself down to a minimum even though their fomentation is likely to spill onto this page often.
The third episode of Flight of the Conchords aired last night. I don't know why I like it so much. It's truly terrible. There is absolutely nothing memorable about the show except that it seems to tickle me just right. Probably I'm a bit promiscuous with comedy. That "just right" is not just anything, is it? Its rather a wide tract, isn't it? You know I smile throughout the day for no particular reason: like the West Wing's Toby, happiness is my default position. It takes little effort to liberate a laugh from me. But a laugh isn't truly representative of how we feel, is it? There is social laughter and nervous laughter, but how many of us find ourselves laughing by ourselves? You maniacal laughers can keep your mental hands down even though you wouldn't dare to show them publicly anyway. Anyway, when something makes me laugh out loud while I'm alone it deserves a mention, dontcha think?
Resolution: eliminate rehetorical questions in daily posts.

3 Comments:
Different people blog for different reasons. And some start and stop quite often, such as myself. I like Taylor's posts, even the oven one, because it makes me feel like I'm still in Austin talking with him every day. It's why I would like to have my blog be like his, but sadly, I lack the stick-to-it-tive-ness to get it done.
I started this blog for the same reasons...and also lack the stick-to-it-tive-ness to update it regularly....which is why I tried this post. I figured this would be (at least) something new :D
Don't get me wrong. I love Taylor and read religiously, but objectively, I mean if you wanted to make fun of the meaninglessness of blogs, could you find a better post?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home