Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm going to use my teeth and my claws

This is just one of those days. I work all day. All day, mind you, I am a little tornado of productivity. I am a damn supernova, burning bright. I've completed my tasks for the big presentation, I downshift into cruise mode, everything is perfect, just wrapping up the details, making sure everything is just so, the simple details one can only perform when the hard work is completed.

My boss comes in to see how everything is going. Everything is fine. I do the work of ten. Nothing holds me back. Two phone calls and a long unbearable pause in which I say nothing, but want to scream as he strokes his beard and stares at the floor, because I know what's coming. Yes, we need to change everything. I don't really mean everything, just maybe a quarter of everything. The presentation? Its still on for tomorrow.

And really, I'm just left with the decision to make it happen or not. I suppose I will, but pardon me if I'm a bit angry about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home