Tuesday, July 17, 2007

There will be no exultation

I'm finally back to a steady internet connection, or really the comfort of my very own computer. Although I made no effort to verify it, the Wyndham claimed to be bathing me in wireless connectivity while I slept.

Frankly, Pittsburgh as a city leaves a great deal to be desired, and will likely never qualify as a desirable destination for me with its ever plummeting population. Oh, Jacob tried his very best. He arranged for a tiny Italian man to chauffeur me about town in a little Porsche 356 Carrera Speedster, but while I could imagine Jackie being ferried around in such a quaint little treasure, the truth is that its just a car and I had to have Jacob repeat all those numbers and names very slowly several times so I'd be sure to remember them as a detail from my trip for you, my gentle reader. There were a thousand other details to remember, and it strikes me that this automotive enthusiasm is just another form of trainspotting. The tiny Italian was an endless supply of humor to me though. He was so serious in everything he did, but when he looked at me, he was quick to smile, and his age had not removed a noticeable spring in his step.

Still, the weather was fine, the catering was to order and I could imagine that it was decades ago, and men were racing for the claim to nothing, but because racing was what they loved. I'll never understand men I think.

There were innumerable other events worth mentioning: I was the lead in this little production, but I'm terribly tired, and have perhaps a half dozen errands to run this evening. I just knew you'd be starved for details. Feel free to prompt me, darling. This is the internet, it can be interactive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

A real production, or is that just an expression?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Everything is real. And produced. Thus everything is a real production.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home