Sunday, July 08, 2007

Baby, you've got to be more discerning

I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night. I think Rocky was feeling a little underutilized, so I decided to let her stretch her legs a bit. Of course, if Rocky's out, I just don't drink. Maybe one or two, but not enough for Rocky to notice. She's very sensitive.

I went to this quaint little club where the music would be quite a bit better. Around 10PM I got a call from one of my girlfriends. Apparently she went to the same place as last night and Lewis--I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt although as I'm about to reveal he doesn't deserve it--had recognized her and wanted to know where I was and when I'd be showing up. In her words, he brought reinforcements. There was so much disturbing about this whole episode, it nearly upset my entire night. First of all, who goes to the same club two nights in a row? Darling, we're not in Louisiana. There are other places to go. Second, I know you can't be me, but really this is all too tiring to explain. In summary if Lewis is the type to expect to find me at the same club two nights in a row, then he doesn't deserve a second chance not that he ever really would have gotten one. I don't believe in second chances. I know in about five seconds if I'll allow a boy to make me laugh. So, pumpkin, do as you might, but I really can't recommend it. I can't imagine Lewis's wingmen are any better than he is, and you deserve better than that.

Thank me for this blog. I think previously I would have had to have a face to face to outline this. Here I can just dash it off, know that it will be read and consumed and mulled over. You'd think people would learn to accept that I'm always right given my record, but I suppose instinctively people disagree. It never helps my case to bring up this little point, but I'm willing to sacrifice a pawn if it helps me in the campaign.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Rocky is a "she". It's short for "Roxette". :)

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home