Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cos I'm on fire

I put my stamp on today with authority. Earlier in the week, I had this annoying little ferret of a man, Leonard, attempting to do whatever it is that people of absolutely no proper upbringing or status do. I don't even really want to think about what that is, because it is just totally outside the bounds of good taste. In retrospect, I don't even know why I was at all bothered by his attempts to undermine me. My very self, the nature of me, is unassailable. If there is any fault in myself, its that I ever allowed his outburst to annoy me.

I don't care to boast. It's in bad taste, the type of thing a Leonard might try to do. I'll just say that if I were going to boast, I'd probably do so with the same characteristic as everything else I do in this brief sojourn: perfection.

I will say here what I think brought this on. I'd just hung up the phone with a dear old friend who called me much too late last night. I was already in bed even, and just as I was going to sleep I was thinking that the human brain may be capable of some rudimentary quantum computing. I know its not a truly original thought, but its not one I've ever heard from anyone before, and somehow thinking that reminded me that whatever I am or may be, it is inarguably superior. If we are all rudimentary quantum computers, I can perceive those quantum states that much longer than the Leonards of the world and if I'd just focus on the problem at hand, and let those states settle down, things will be fine.

And then I slept peacefully, and today after all was said and done, Xiao-Xiao, smiled so brightly at me--it is her namesake--I knew everything had come to pass just as I thought it would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home