Friday, July 13, 2007

Days replace days

I'll have to leave a bit early today to catch my flight. I'm not looking forward to that part of the trip at all. It used to be a lady of my breeding could look forward to stepping without looking as everyone rushed to tend to her needs. Now, I have to slog through security with the mouth breathers. Honestly, having to remove my shoes in public is just ridiculous. The solution, of course, is a private jet, but I don't have one. Yet. Perhaps some worthy businessman will see me, and although my exterior will not belie the distress of my commoner experience, he'll see instantly that one of these things (myself) is not like the others, even if I do make reference to Sesame Street in this missive, and offer the services of his own.

I've made Jacob promise me none of the awful food the stereotypical Pittsburgher consumes. He mentioned a lovely sounding little Spanish restaurant, Mallorca, where we can enjoy some paella and get a little tight on sangria but it will have to pass my visual inspection first.

If I don't post at all, I won't be thinking of you, but I know you'll be thinking of me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Reading Erin's blog these days makes me feel like I'm reading Gatsby or something. Sweet.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or watching the brini maxwell show - you know, the one on the style network with the transvestite martha stewart. She's fabulous.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

This comment is in the poorest taste possible. I can't even imagine what you might be suggesting. You are just an ugly, ugly person, anonymous.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant nothing by it. In fact, I quite adore Brini. It would do us all well to be a bit more like her.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home