Sunday, July 22, 2007

A heart of stone

My entourage was a bit light this weekend. It seems everyone was engrossed with the tale of that little boy and too busy to serve as my buffer about town. I suppose I could have provided myself a little relief had I shared my fortune with someone, but that would have required me play favorites, something I try extremely hard not to do. Everyone who is not me is equal in my eyes.

At any rate, I dared not venture into the concrete jungle without adequate protection, so my weekend was quiet. Next weekend promises to be a roller coaster of events. I'll be going to my onetime home of Baton Rouge for the wedding of dear Maureen. Yes, married, Maureen is getting married. I've been silent on the whole affair because I'm just too busy with myself, but really I wish her all the happiness in the world that is humanly possible with what's his face. No, I'm just kidding, of course I know his name is Gregory. I have the invitation right here: Gregory T. LaBorde.

And then with one raucous party behind me, I'll be heading back to my other onetime home for my high school's--the first one, dear--ten year reunion. Its almost too much drama in one weekend to be surrounded by so many I've known for so long, all wanting to know what has become of me and what fortunes lie ahead. Well, gentle readers, if you've been following along let me come right out and tell you that I will not be responding to any calls for the real Tristram Shandy to please stand up.

Oh, its just awful. I'm sitting here seeing it in print and that attempt at humor is just awful. Please excuse it entirely. I'd much rather have said something about Onegin, but the movie, which is just beautiful in its own right, distorts the whole intent. Well, just know if you are googling at home, it isn't meant for you at all.

I hardly know what to do with myself. My excitement for the coming weekend is unbounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home