Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's all under control

Days of work are always so dull. I can see why so many abandon their journals. The drudgery of a single day is like a weight upon one's chest, pressing harder with every exhalation. I'm sure some future will look at our workdays and consider us slaves to our times, the same way we might look at people of the past.

The most amazing thing happened to me today. Yet the story seems almost too convoluted to explain. I'll, just tell you the end. I ended up taking the limousine the whole way. Originally, it appeared on the invoice as the same cost, but it ended up being $400. The accountant didn't even bat an eye, although I had pre-approved it with her beforehand. She said that it was nothing compared to what others have filed for. I'm sure executives file for that in alcoholic beverages.

I'm thinking of starting a new feature: Erin recommends. Of course, my taste is renowned for its flawlessness. The world should benefit from it. Except that its such a drain. I'm sure if the world were so eager to benefit from my experience they'd send over a sharply dressed man to take notes. And really, I can't trust my suggestions with just anybody. I suppose I'll just have to keep them to myself, although, if its not clear, my life is unattainably more enjoyable than yours.

I have really phoned this posting in. I apologize sweetly. I look around at all the other journals I'm linked to, though, and I can't help but feel even more stunningly superior than normal. I did get an official request to stop referring to the meeting room as "Davy Jones' locker." Although it brings great amusement to the staff at large the higher ups seem to think it has negative connotations. That and perhaps that people had started decorating it appropriately, and it had consequently acquired a somewhat fishy smell. I suppose I should take some comfort that they recognize me as the ringleader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home