Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bringing It To A Close

My 5 weeks in New Orleans is coming to a close. While I've enjoyed my time here, and would love to come back on a more permanent basis, I'm looking forward to exploring Houston a little bit before the end of this internship. If anyone has any suggestions on places to go, please let me know.

My co-worker and I enjoyed the Whiskey Blue for the 2nd night in a row. Its amazing how much more alcohol I've consumed since starting this job. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in a bar that's named after a particular spirit but doesn't have that many unique drinks containing that spirit. The do serve several brands of whiskey, but I've been more in the mood for a mixed drink than for whiskey by itself. They do make a damn good Manhattan. I will give them that. Just be careful, they can get you into a little trouble.

Oh, and let me just mention how *unique* the minibar in the hotel is. They have everything from the standard munchies to intimacy kits, flip flops and teddy bears. Crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

This is the W right? That is a crazy hotel. I heard some odd stories about the party they threw when the hotel opened. Very odd.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yep, I'm staying at the W. It's interesting and downright entertaining, but also weird and a bit impractical for a business traveler. It just has a strange vibe to it. Maybe its the disco ball in the circle drive....they're trying to come off as a club like atmosphere, but they're missing the mark somewhere. I do have to say that it's really convenient for restaurants, bars and other things to do at night.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can give you a few pointers on Houston and I think it has everything NOLA has to offer and a little more.

-Greg

10:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Beware Erin. This is way similar to the line Greg pulled on me in regards to College Station. ;-)

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home