Tuesday, May 24, 2005

2303 Milam St

Well, I packed up my car and headed to Houston yesterday. I signed the lease, unloaded the car and made an expensive trip to Target. Now, I'm waiting for the furniture to arrive....don't know when that will be.

Found out that the smoke alarms work well...just wish there weren't two of them in such close proximity to the oven. I'm sure I made a pretty comical picture running back and forth between the two of them, waving a 2 qt saucepan (haven't found the cookie sheets yet) under them to wave the smoke away.

All in all, I really like the apartment. It's a nice size and both of the bedrooms are considered "masters." The only major defect we've found is that there is no showerhead in my bathroom.

I'm also bruised, head to toe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Three blocks from the interstate, what's that like? Funny thing is I drove on that piece of interstate just two days ago. Small world.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

convenient. I have to spend a few more nights sleeping here to get an idea of traffic noises, but so far so good.

Mary, I never did see any smoke...scared the crap out of me when they went off. The fan will come on the next trip from BR. Although, we do have a ceiling fan inbetween those two smoke detectors and it didn't do anything!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Welcome back to Texas! You've got a place to crash if you ever want to come visit in Austin :)

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this time i am not responsible for the bruising.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh right, that was me...mo

-mo

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home