Friday, May 20, 2005

2 1/2 Hours Interrupted Sleep

Let's recap my Thursday, my day went as follows:

I took the first of the two CIA parts I have left to pass then drove to the mall to pick up a graduation gift for my mom. After that, I drove home to eat lunch and visit with my grandparents, who were in town for Renee's commissioning into the Air Force. After lunch, I went back to Pennington to take the last part of the CIA (don't know how I did, but it's done and I'll find out in July). Finished that test in about an hour which gave me time to speed over to LSU to catch the commissioning ceremony. After pictures and mingling, I rushed home to shower and change for dinner at Mansur's with the family.

Dinner was good. It is probably the last time we'll all be together for a really nice dinner, at least for a few years. After dinner, Renee' and I changed into more comfortable clothes and went out to celebrate commissioning (or more accurately, she went to celebrate, I went to make sure she made it home alive). We made it home around 1:30 and climbed into bed. At 2:30, the caffeine from all the Diet Cokes I consummed at Slinky's kicked in...I was wide-awake. This came in somewhat convienient because mom came in my room at 3am to tell me my very pregnant sister, Carrie, was in labor and someone (me) needed to drive to their house to babysit Ally so that they could go to the hospital. Carrie and Larry left for the hospital around 4. I downed some advil to help combat the caffeine and adrenaline and crawled into bed. At 5:15, Carrie and Larry came back home because her contractions had stopped. No more labor, no baby. Crawled back into bed and slept to 7am. Got up, hugged my sister and drove home (stopping by Mickey D's for some greasy food because I'm the one with the sleep deprevation hangover).

Plans for today: Mom's graduation (Congrats Mom!) and sleep.

And maybe a baby...who knows!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

That is one helluva busy day.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home