Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Orientation and Training Week

Days 1 & 2 of the internship have gone well. Day 1 was orientation. While not thoroughly exciting, it was interesting. So far the only demands of "Intern, bring me coffee" have come from Greg...damn tax people. ;)

Day 2 was the first day of actual training. While many interns were hoping that we'd end up someplace exciting (like Dallas), they decided to do the training in Houston. The other interns and new hires from Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans and St. Louis are in town for the week. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far and the only complaint I could have is that they didn't really let us leave the small auditorium where our training is taking place. We were able to take breaks and all, but lunch was brought in...so, we spent 9 1/2 hours in an auditorium.

I'm tentativly scheduled to spend about 5 weeks in New Orleans, starting next Monday. I don't know any more details than that and things can change, but I think I will definately be spending a few weeks there. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and serving baked beans to a bunch of people locked up in a small room??? Really!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

One round of interview candidates was served beans with their lunches before their afternoon interviews. I didn't think that was a very nice idea either.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home