Friday, December 10, 2004

Three Down, One To Go

Ok, I've taken 3 exams and only have one more. So far, they haven't been too bad, except for my audit exam. It started off strangly when an ISDS professor told her class that their exam was going to be in the large auditorium where my class meets, but failed to make sure the class would be available (it wasn't b/c we had our exam scheduled in that room). Our professor caved and we moved to a smaller classroom across the hallway. The tests were handed out and the prof left the room to talk to the ISDS professor. We all stared at the first page of the test, with a few mutterings of disbelief until someone said, "quick, someone look on the back page, maybe its a joke." It wasn't. The test was the most difficult test we were given all semester long. Don't forget, this is the class that had a 300 point exam on the first day of class and an exam during every class period afterward. This test focused mainly on IT and Sampling (two areas that weren't really discussed this semester and only make up maybe 5-10% of the official CIA exam). I must have done the "eeny, meeny, miny, mo" technique well because I ended up with a better grade in the class than I had going into the exam. Let's hope the same technique worked as well with my Tax test yesterday!

The only exam I have left is my Intermediate accounting exam. This is my least favorite class just because its more on the hard-core bookkeeping side of accounting, as opposed to audit and risk management. Its a pre-req for my remaining accounting classes, so I have to have it, but it frustrates me. It's not hard, just kinda tedious. I also don't really respect my teacher, and that doesn't help any. Oh well, by this time tomorrow, I will be sitting at the Pastime, nursing a beer and finding out how my Mom's ride in the Christmas parade went. (and it will not be a Miller High Life).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer.
I have a Saturday exam. It's in 2 hours. Intro to prgramming in C. Carrie and Taylor think I'm a cheater ... and while I disagreed at first, it may bite me in the ass. You'd think a teacher would know better!
Anyway, since last weekend didn't pan out, i'm calling you Saturday night (tonight) Erin, if that's OK. And whomever else.
Cade

6:01 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I would love to do something with you Cade. Please call. Good luck on your exam. Mine isn't until 3pm. yuck. boo.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Stupid Prof. For those of you who will teach, wether it be 1st graders or college students, don't tell them you are going to test them on 1 method and then test them on the other method (with no partial credit offered for the original method). Thankfully, I will never have to take another class with that idiot.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home