Middleton Library
It only took 1 degree and 5 1/2 years of classes at LSU for me to discover the quiet joy that is Middleton Library. For those of you not familiar with LSU, Middleton is no where near CEBA (the building that ALL of my classes are in) and is not often used as a meeting/study place for CEBA students. Part of my lack of motivation to study at Middleton was because its a big, scary library and I was too intimidated to try and find a place to study here. I was convinced that someone would see me and exlaim, quite loudly, "You don't belong here! You don't know your way around this building!"
I'm not alone (Melissa, Maureen and Mary) in this apprehension and I know that a lot of CEBA students feel the same way. I overcame this problem recently, when I actually had a group meeting here that required all four of us to figure our way around the building. I'm really enjoying the quite environment the 3rd floor stacks provides for studying.
My Mom is SO proud!
I'm not alone (Melissa, Maureen and Mary) in this apprehension and I know that a lot of CEBA students feel the same way. I overcame this problem recently, when I actually had a group meeting here that required all four of us to figure our way around the building. I'm really enjoying the quite environment the 3rd floor stacks provides for studying.
My Mom is SO proud!

7 Comments:
Middleton is easy! Get in elevator, go the top floor, and head for a corner. No one will ever find you!
Cade
Well, now we all know where to look when we can't find Cade!
Sorry Mary...and Mo, if you spent any time in there. I'm pretty sure Melissa didn't. I think the lab you are talking about is now on the 2nd floor. I haven't ventured down to the basement yet (I'm still too intimidated to do that). I've heard its scary.
yeah, i don't know what you're talking about. i used to spend alot of time in there too. i was a big fan of the stacks and of the benches with the squishy seats near the reference section on the first floor. and i had a few classes in there.
also, erin, i have no idea what you are talking about in your previous post. do you think maybe you got really drunk and don't remember? i think that might be the case. that's a little sad, but it's ok. we won't judge you.
on an unrelated note, you now have the ability to post pictures to your blog. go to flickr.com and use the login name "blazinsaddles" and your old password to log in. if you can't figure out how to post, let me know. it's alot more complicated than it should be.
Maureen, I'm saving up a nice case of typhoid fever, just for you.
Like Erin I didn't spend much time there for school. I was, however, forced to go there for work quite often. I mainly hung out around the marine biology section. I'm not much of a fan of the library. That musty, old book smell sets off a trigger in the brain, and I feel like I'm two days away from a 10 page research paper.
In other news, I got lost last night in downtown D.C. without a map. One hour and 3 frantic phone calls later, I was cruising on back home. Damn the Lincoln Memorial and all its crazy loops. Just thought I'd take a selfish moment and use your space, Erin, to discuss my issues.
Melissa
Melissa, you are more than welcome to post anything you want on my blog...I remember a few jokes about how the SJA buses got stuck on one of the loops in D.C. during the Thanksgiving trip the year before some of us went. I'm glad you made it home safe!
Cade - you are SO right about the 4th floor corners in Middleton. Much quieter than the 3rd floor. Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home