Sunday, November 14, 2004

Geaux Tigers!

Well, LSU put in a good game against Alabama last night. This was the first time since 1969 that LSU has beaten the Tide at home. Sadly, I did not go the game because the big Certified Internal Auditing exam is coming up this Wednesday and Thursday. I did, however, put down my study guides and sample tests to see a few key plays of the game (mostly the touchdowns, leading me to believe that if I had watched the entire game, the score would have been 1000 to zero).

LSU's Cadets of the Old War Skule (COWS) hosted the 10th annual LSU Salutes. It is a ceremony that coincides with Veteran's Day and includes a military parade, induction of former LSU alum into a hall of distinction, among other typical military activities. Since my sister, Renee', is the Cadet Colonel of the Air Force ROTC and my Dad is an active member of the COWS, I was really looking forward to this ceremony. It was fun to see Renee' bossing people (other than me) around as she commanded her troops. I jumped about a foot off the ground when they did the first ever, cadet-run, 21 gun (cannon) salute. In addition, this was the first time I've ever seen a B-52 fly-over. I've seen the F-15s and a few other aircraft fly-overs, but never the B-52. It was amazing. You don't hear them coming at all. As it flew away, it literally disappeared into the clouds...one second it was there, then in the next, it was just a puff of smoke. No wonder it is such a huge part of the Air-force's defense strategies. Amazing.

Enough of a break...risk analysis and control questions are calling my name....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home