Well, this isn't a recruiting event...bring on the alchohol!
Well, the trip to Houston was great! The Sam Houston was fantastic. The beds were super comfortable and the amenities were really nice.
I did ask my recruiting coordinator to double check on what city my offer was for, since I thought it was Dallas, but I was in Houston. She quickly realized that they had changed it, but had failed to communicate that to me. So, I'm moving to Houston next summer, instead of Dallas. Houston's cool with me, it was technically listed as my first choice. It's a little closer to home, there is a lot to do in Houston and I have friends there, so I'm very excited.
We had dinner at Brennan's on Thursday night. The regional parter made us feel very welcome (see the alchohol joke in the title) and we were able to meet with the team of people that we would be shadowing the following day. The only weird, creepy thing that happened was when one of the members of the team I was to shadow on Friday hit on me during dinner infront of not only the other 8 people at the table, but the regional partner also. Not only did he make me feel uncomfortable, but it was really unprofessional and slighty lecherous.
Friday was nice. I was able to visit a client that makes gas compressors and get a tour of their manufacturing facilities. I also got to see a little bit of what Deloitte does for a client and learned what expectations that Deloitte has for its college hire employees and interns. The day wrapped up with a trip to the downtown office and a meeting with one of the partners in the "duckblind". That would be a room on the 25th floor that has a great skyscraper view of Houston and a stuffed duck on the wall. I didn't see it, but apparently the regional partner has a deer head in his office.
Like I said, the trip went well and I left with a feeling of confidence in my decision to accept the offer from Deloitte.
Houston, watch out!
I did ask my recruiting coordinator to double check on what city my offer was for, since I thought it was Dallas, but I was in Houston. She quickly realized that they had changed it, but had failed to communicate that to me. So, I'm moving to Houston next summer, instead of Dallas. Houston's cool with me, it was technically listed as my first choice. It's a little closer to home, there is a lot to do in Houston and I have friends there, so I'm very excited.
We had dinner at Brennan's on Thursday night. The regional parter made us feel very welcome (see the alchohol joke in the title) and we were able to meet with the team of people that we would be shadowing the following day. The only weird, creepy thing that happened was when one of the members of the team I was to shadow on Friday hit on me during dinner infront of not only the other 8 people at the table, but the regional partner also. Not only did he make me feel uncomfortable, but it was really unprofessional and slighty lecherous.
Friday was nice. I was able to visit a client that makes gas compressors and get a tour of their manufacturing facilities. I also got to see a little bit of what Deloitte does for a client and learned what expectations that Deloitte has for its college hire employees and interns. The day wrapped up with a trip to the downtown office and a meeting with one of the partners in the "duckblind". That would be a room on the 25th floor that has a great skyscraper view of Houston and a stuffed duck on the wall. I didn't see it, but apparently the regional partner has a deer head in his office.
Like I said, the trip went well and I left with a feeling of confidence in my decision to accept the offer from Deloitte.
Houston, watch out!

1 Comments:
Late May or early June.
Post a Comment
<< Home