Xtreme Accounting
I'm participating in an Xtreme Accounting (Xact) Competition at LSU that is put on by PwC.
I know, I know....Xtreme ACCOUNTING??? You're probably invisioning some competition that requires us the quickly figure out a company's financial statements or taxes while at the same time not getting any paper cuts...and doing it better and faster than any other team. That's just not the case.
The competition was launched almost 2 weeks ago. We were given an advanced topic in accouting and are expected to give a presentation on the topic this Friday. Afterwards, we'll go to Mike Anderson's for an awards ceremony after. The winning team from LSU will win $1,000 and the top five teams in the country (out of 38 univerisities) will win $10,000 and a trip to New York to participate in the national competition.
The weird dreams about presentations have started again....AHHHHHH!
I know, I know....Xtreme ACCOUNTING??? You're probably invisioning some competition that requires us the quickly figure out a company's financial statements or taxes while at the same time not getting any paper cuts...and doing it better and faster than any other team. That's just not the case.
The competition was launched almost 2 weeks ago. We were given an advanced topic in accouting and are expected to give a presentation on the topic this Friday. Afterwards, we'll go to Mike Anderson's for an awards ceremony after. The winning team from LSU will win $1,000 and the top five teams in the country (out of 38 univerisities) will win $10,000 and a trip to New York to participate in the national competition.
The weird dreams about presentations have started again....AHHHHHH!

7 Comments:
Whoo! Kick some extreme accounting ass! Can we come to your presentation with banners and megaphones and big foam number one fingers and calculators painted on our faces to cheer you on? We can even yell at the other teams to intimidate them: "2-4-6-8- your accounting's not that great. 8-6-4-2 your long division's off a few." It'll eat 'em up inside.
-mo
Maureen, you just made my day! Thanks!
Unfortunatly, the conference room is rather small, the other teams won't be there and I think the Queen would disapprove of the foam fingers...
The Queen of Xtreme Accounting?
Awesome.
-mo
Nope,the queen of Panadrevia (the country they made up for the competition).
In my expereince, when they start making up imaginary places to hold competitions, that's a good sign to get the hell out of there. Like that stats class business fair competition i had my first semester at UT. The one where the professor (dr. cleveland) called herself the Mayor of the city of Cleveland, where the "C" stood for "cleveland," the "Y" stood for "you" and the "IT" stood for "Internet technology" (which made the city run and made statistics fun). I really should have gotten the hell out of there.
-mo
Oh, I remember you going through that class. That was hellish! Unfortunatly, I can't complain about anything b/c I volunteered to do this.
My group LOVED your cheer! I have a feeling that it may come out during my speech.
Not when the made up person that is currently serving as queen could be handing my group a $1000 or a $10,000 check. Sorry Mary, we like the current queen just as she is.
P.S. You can always be a queen in blackholeland.
Post a Comment
<< Home