The process of becoming CIA has started
This has been a bit of a crazy week. The big CIA (certified internal auditior) exam was this week. It consists of 4 parts: The standards, Practical Applications, Accounting (in various forms) and Business Management Skills. I only took 3 out of the 4 parts, choosing to put off the accounting section until I've taken a few more classes and have more time. The other 3 went relatively well, but I won't know if I passed until the middle of January. I only took the business management skills part because I have a degree in that and I was hoping it would only take a little bit of review. However, as time ran short, I decided to focus on the first 2 parts of the exam and hope for the best on that part. I'm sure I will have to take it again in the spring, but that's ok. I've got plenty of time. With my luck, I'll pass the management part and fail the other two....
So, in total, I will have only been to 2 classes this entire week. I should go to my classes today, but I've got to go to Angola (and no, not to pick up men...although, I'm waiting to hear words of encouragement from my mom as I walk out the door) and take an Intermediate Accounting test this afternoon. I have serious plans for getting drunk tonight? Anyone else?
So, in total, I will have only been to 2 classes this entire week. I should go to my classes today, but I've got to go to Angola (and no, not to pick up men...although, I'm waiting to hear words of encouragement from my mom as I walk out the door) and take an Intermediate Accounting test this afternoon. I have serious plans for getting drunk tonight? Anyone else?

5 Comments:
Why are you taking a test at Angola?
Hope the tests turn out OK.
And, no, I won't be getting drunk this evening because of two things:
1) I have to run 9 miles in the morning
2) My parents are staying with us.
Good luck on the test. I may be getting drunk tonight - feel like drivin' to Austin? ;)
It is odd that they are giving the test at Angola...
You never know about meeting a man. They've filmed movies at Angola (Out of Sight, for example). Maybe you'll run into some movie star cast as a muscle bound inmate.
I am attending my company holiday party tonight, so getting drunk might be a bad move. It will be a murder mystery dinner thing (sort of like the prime rib buffet on senior trip), so it should be interesting. Hopefully, there will be no creepy-ass waiters there like the one in Florida. I wonder what happened to that guy. Maybe you'll see him at Angola.
ok, I re-read that post and realized why ya'll thought I was taking a test at Angola. No test at Angola. I had to go there to do an audit of their museum gift shop. It was an experience. They pointed out where Derrick Todd Lee was staying (like 25 feet from the gift shop) and we got to meet Warden Cain (he was filming an interview when we walked in). He invited us to lunch with The Red Hat Society, which was on a tour of the prison (really). The inmates cooked a damn good gumbo and coconut pie. Yuuummmyy....
The test is this afternoon, on campus. Not Angola.
Erin,
Can you post your monkeybread recipe to foodalicious? I've been in the mood for some monkey bread, and have found a couple recipes...just wondering how it compares to the stuff I've eaten in the past (and you're the only person who's made the monkey bread I've eaten).
Post a Comment
<< Home