Death and Tax Homework
I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well. We had a very nice time in Ville Platte. It would have been nice to see a little bit more of Mom's side of the family, but I should be able to see them at Christmas.
I am trying to finish up a Tax project, but my stupid AGI won't equal out to the check figure the prof. gave us. Never own a business. If you do, make sure that you pull an official salary from it and have an Accountant (not me) do the tax returns for the business. Dude. I think it would also be helpful if the fictional couple were real people that I could ask questions to find out what the hell they were thinking.
Anyway, just felt the need to post something...and take a break from the project.
Oh, and if you ever had pick any other name to go by, what would it be?
I am trying to finish up a Tax project, but my stupid AGI won't equal out to the check figure the prof. gave us. Never own a business. If you do, make sure that you pull an official salary from it and have an Accountant (not me) do the tax returns for the business. Dude. I think it would also be helpful if the fictional couple were real people that I could ask questions to find out what the hell they were thinking.
Anyway, just felt the need to post something...and take a break from the project.
Oh, and if you ever had pick any other name to go by, what would it be?

12 Comments:
Can you go into more detail on that never own a business comment? I'm curious.
I think I wouldn't have a name. That way, everyone would say, "who is that girl?" And everyone else would say, "I don't know."
mo
Steve.
I disagree with Maureen. People don't need to know your name to tell others who you are. Mexican Jesus, Scary ClownFace Guy, and Triangle Hair girl come to mind (also proof that the "naming" occurs at various places, since characters above are from different colleges).
Chad, if you ever have a business, incorporate it and pull a salary (complete w/ w-2 forms). There are just a lot of rules concerning income and deductions on sole-proprietorships (such as consulting or teaching a class that you directly receive payments for).
Our teacher told us today that she wasn't going to grade us on accuracy, but on effort. How do you grade on effort when using a standardized computer application to do a project? How do you determine effort?
Maureen, Carrie has a point. You could be asking for trouble by not having a name. I mean, we never come up with names like bitch monkey or frat boy...
Fine: Fred.
-mo
So, to continue the example further. Let's say that I'm doing some consulting. It is not my primary job, but I do it on the side for some extra clams.
Am I correct in interpreting your suggestion as saying that rather than have them pay me directly I should incorporate and have the consultee pay the corporation?
I take it this would make life easier in the long run?
I'm actually very curious as I could very well be in this exact situation in the future.
oh, you almost forgot monochromatic girl, and mexican jesus' posse: the good, the bad and the ugly. and then there was tall guy, who never called after he asked for my number. only before he asked for it.
who was triangle hair girl? aside from the obvious.
-mo
oh, you almost forgot monochromatic girl, and mexican jesus' posse: the good, the bad and the ugly. and then there was tall guy, who never called after he asked for my number. only before he asked for it.
who was triangle hair girl? aside from the obvious.
-mo
Taylor, it would end up being more trouble than its worth to incorporate in that circumstance (although that is what I was suggesting in my whiny moment of bitching about homework). Just keep track of all of your income and expenses. The only other advice I can give you is to not take advice from an acct student struggling through her tax class...call Greg. If you have any internal auditing questions, I'm your girl.
I was so excited last year when I randomly saw the Mexican Jesus at Kamado's (sp?). It really made my trip complete. I just wish he had been wearing the skull necklace. It seems he doesn't wear it so much anymore, which is just a shame.
I think the name I would pick would be Veronica. It's nice and dramatic, and it has pop-culture associations with a hot brunette. Who could ask for more?
-Mary
Maureen, THG went to Tulane.
Can we pick a new middle name too? Or, in the case of Maureen, a first one. What name were you going to pick for your confirmation, before St. George nixed it?
They nixed it early on, so I didn't have one picked out. Probably a good thing too. I was after all 16. I can only imagine what i would have thought sounded good. Of course, when you're limited to saints, i guess you can't get too crazy.
-mo
Post a Comment
<< Home