2005 - The Year of Soreness
Happy New Year! I trust everyone's New Year Celebrations went well...some of you had some rather interesting stories. I had a lot of fun in Austin. The Improv show was funny and it was a neat way to ring in the new year.
Thanks go to Mo, for letting me drag her to Austin, just so that I could stay at her place and to Carrie and Taylor for letting me drag them to North by Northwest. I really needed that Black Ale.
New Years day was food and fun filled. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if LSU had won the Citrus Bowl (I refuse to call it by it's corporate sponsor's name). For those who cooked that day, please post the recipes on Foodaliscious.
The only resolution I've made for this new year is to be more disciplined. I'm working hard to make my bed each morning, go to mass every week and excersise at least 4 times a week. I'm off to a roaring start and I'm feeling the effects. I can barely move after the "power pump" class I took yesterday. I'm sure it will be much worse after the pilates and the spin classes I have today. I promise, I'm not trying to overdo it, but I have to make sure I get my money's worth out of buying the 16-class pass at the Rec (it's only good for the rest of this week and next).
Thanks go to Mo, for letting me drag her to Austin, just so that I could stay at her place and to Carrie and Taylor for letting me drag them to North by Northwest. I really needed that Black Ale.
New Years day was food and fun filled. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if LSU had won the Citrus Bowl (I refuse to call it by it's corporate sponsor's name). For those who cooked that day, please post the recipes on Foodaliscious.
The only resolution I've made for this new year is to be more disciplined. I'm working hard to make my bed each morning, go to mass every week and excersise at least 4 times a week. I'm off to a roaring start and I'm feeling the effects. I can barely move after the "power pump" class I took yesterday. I'm sure it will be much worse after the pilates and the spin classes I have today. I promise, I'm not trying to overdo it, but I have to make sure I get my money's worth out of buying the 16-class pass at the Rec (it's only good for the rest of this week and next).

4 Comments:
There was no dragging. We love NXNW! We'll try to post the recipes one day after work. I left the recipe cards at home.
Good luck with the Rec. That sounds intense. I need to get going on some classes myself. Running (even for long, silly distances) only gets you so much.
erin and i were talking about that the other day. i think i woke up with you, melissa and katie poche' sitting at the end of my bed, attempting to wittness my first moments of agony.
-mo
Yeah, I feel like I've been riding horses....oowwww....
I think my calf muscles are curled up in the fetal position.
Mary-I loved the Pilates. Can't wait to do that again! I think I pushed myself too hard in the spin class.
I just discovered yesterday that my gym membership that I thought only allowed me in at "non peak times" has apparently been replaced with one that lets me go whenever I feel like it. Whoo-hoo! I wonder when it changed, or if it's really always been like this and I just never tried, OR if I'm really not supposed to be there, but it's some sort of honor system that I am clearly not following.
Post a Comment
<< Home