Thursday, December 30, 2004

Attack Of The Killer....Ladybugs?

In the 10 years since we moved into this house, we've only seen 3 or 4 ladybugs. However, this year is different. Either their migratory patterns have changed, or a neighbor released about a million of them (that's some kind of aphid problem), because we find ourselves having to wade through them to get outside.

I know, I know, your thinking, "Ladybugs are nice bugs, what's the big deal?"

THEY BITE!

They like to nibble on your knees and the back of your neck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Taylor said...

Are you sure they are lady bugs? There is apparently a bug that looks just like a lady bug, but isn't, and is not friendly.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

I wonder if it's the Asian ladybugs mentioned in this article?

http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=128739

9:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That sounds like them. They certainly do all of those things. They've gotten a little bit better...it seems they only come out on days when the weather is nice.

Also, its not like they attack, but if one stays on you long enough, it will snack on you.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home