Orion 2005
The Krewe of Orion rolled last night through the streets of downtown Baton Rouge. The turnout was really good. While Orion is a pretty popular parade, the turnout this year was the best that I've ever seen. We usually pick a spot towards the beginning of the parade and then follow it to wherever it ends (so we can help unload Dad's float when they're done). As a result, Renee and I usually rack up on beads because there are parts of the parade where the crowds not that large. This year, we didn't catch very much at all! The krewe threw a lot of stuff, but the crowd was too big!
We taught Ally the basics of catching beads at Mardi Gras. Okay, we used her a bit shamelessly to get some of the beads and stuffed animals we did get. 3-year olds usually manage to catch the attention of krewe members (we took advantage). She did manage to catch a cup, all by herself while riding on Larry's shoulders. She's a natural! We're so proud!
I also managed to learn a lot about my camera last night. I'm hoping the pictures I take tonight of Jupiter's Parade will be better. This is one of the better pictures I took. With the full mask, we let Dad pass by us three times before we realized it was him.
We taught Ally the basics of catching beads at Mardi Gras. Okay, we used her a bit shamelessly to get some of the beads and stuffed animals we did get. 3-year olds usually manage to catch the attention of krewe members (we took advantage). She did manage to catch a cup, all by herself while riding on Larry's shoulders. She's a natural! We're so proud!
I also managed to learn a lot about my camera last night. I'm hoping the pictures I take tonight of Jupiter's Parade will be better. This is one of the better pictures I took. With the full mask, we let Dad pass by us three times before we realized it was him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home