Krewe of Janus Ball
The Janus ball took place last night. Thank you, Carrie and Taylor, for inviting me. I had a blast. I'm sure I will get a couple of pictures posted soon, but I don't think Carrie will let me post my favorite picture from the night...a picture of me dancing with Taylor. He was dressed in drag for a skit and was letting me rest my head on his rather large, slighly lop-sided, bosom. Good times, good times.
We partied the night away without too many mishaps... at least no more than the standard drink spills and injuries (sliced my foot open on the dance floor). I was prepared for Diego's red wine antics...I made sure I wore a red dress. Ultimately, it was Greg who doused my feet with his Jack Daniels and Coke. Next year, I'm wearing brown.
I hope everyone makes it back safe. I don't envy the group that is having to make the 7 hour trip back to Austin suffering hangovers or remaining drunkness (Mo). Just the hour trip to Baton Rouge was a little rough for me!
We partied the night away without too many mishaps... at least no more than the standard drink spills and injuries (sliced my foot open on the dance floor). I was prepared for Diego's red wine antics...I made sure I wore a red dress. Ultimately, it was Greg who doused my feet with his Jack Daniels and Coke. Next year, I'm wearing brown.
I hope everyone makes it back safe. I don't envy the group that is having to make the 7 hour trip back to Austin suffering hangovers or remaining drunkness (Mo). Just the hour trip to Baton Rouge was a little rough for me!

4 Comments:
We made it back. We were all starting to get pretty tired toward the end, but Jerry managed to revive us by playing laptop DJ, and finding some quality tunes for us...from the Little Mermaid to Love Shack to TMBG. Ahh. As you said, good times.
How did you slice your foot open?
Greg spilled his drink on my feet (accidentally?). The wet shoes started to blister my toes, so I took them off and went barefoot for the next few dances. I cut my foot on a loose floor tile. I wasn't really sure how bad it was (its not very bad at all) because the dye from my bourbon soaked shoes had stained my feet red. It made it look like there was a LOT of blood, but there was only a little. While it did hurt, the gin I had been mainlining all night helped. Mo suggested that I just keep my shoes off for the trip back to the hotel. Aparently, I wasn't the only one drunk that night. New Orleans...barefoot?
Damn floor tiles! At least it wasn't a bad cut.
Post a Comment
<< Home