She's Hearing Voices
There have been a few complaints about continuity lately. Interested parties have been wondering what happened to Quentin, has there been any Islamic backlash against my disapproval of their laws, did I get a portrait made for the journal, did anyone get fired, and did I really go to Kmart. Look, I know you, my gentle reader, hang onto ever little word I write, and it disturbs every element of your life to know there might be some trouble, or unresolved element in my life, but really, I have to live this thing too, not just share it with you complete with witty self-introspection. I can't share every little detail with you, or else, I'd just be writing about writing, wouldn't I? Think about it. Neither of us want it. So, you'll just have to accept the little morsels I parcel out and though I'm sure they fill your conversations like the hot potatoes they are or else I may just stop altogether. Then you'd truly know disappointment.
Lately, Quentin has been hounding me over IM. I made the mistake of passing along my email address, and he added me as a--and I can't think of a more colloquial designation--buddy. I'd like to see some messaging service allow public classification of contacts so that a user can let someone else know exactly where they stand. I think "buddy" is the wrong way to describe my relationship with Quentin. I think a better nomenclature would be "guy I slept with, but really never want to speak to again, unless I've maybe had a few and he seems the best available candidate to satisfy me, even though that would involve no promise of future contact, and even though he pines for me, and feels I, myself help him, fill some void in his brief life, he just needs to get over it and find someone else, and for my sake, stop bothering me." Of course, the classifications will have to be user-customizable. That wouldn't be a default.
All this while I've been trying to write this, Quentin has been hounding me. Its really sort of pathetic. One of the reasons I gave into his inquiries, besides his firm biceps was the fact that I haven't spoken to him in a decade. In answer to your other questions, I'm already an enemy of the Islamic states by virtue of the fact that I'm an American, I have a portrait made yearly, but the real kind, not a photograph for a silly journal, no one's been fired, yet, and yes, I did go to Kmart. I could probably write about it forever, but my analyst says that will only lead to the possibility that memories of the visit will haunt me in the future. For now, its better just to know it happened, but not dwell on the details.
Lately, Quentin has been hounding me over IM. I made the mistake of passing along my email address, and he added me as a--and I can't think of a more colloquial designation--buddy. I'd like to see some messaging service allow public classification of contacts so that a user can let someone else know exactly where they stand. I think "buddy" is the wrong way to describe my relationship with Quentin. I think a better nomenclature would be "guy I slept with, but really never want to speak to again, unless I've maybe had a few and he seems the best available candidate to satisfy me, even though that would involve no promise of future contact, and even though he pines for me, and feels I, myself help him, fill some void in his brief life, he just needs to get over it and find someone else, and for my sake, stop bothering me." Of course, the classifications will have to be user-customizable. That wouldn't be a default.
All this while I've been trying to write this, Quentin has been hounding me. Its really sort of pathetic. One of the reasons I gave into his inquiries, besides his firm biceps was the fact that I haven't spoken to him in a decade. In answer to your other questions, I'm already an enemy of the Islamic states by virtue of the fact that I'm an American, I have a portrait made yearly, but the real kind, not a photograph for a silly journal, no one's been fired, yet, and yes, I did go to Kmart. I could probably write about it forever, but my analyst says that will only lead to the possibility that memories of the visit will haunt me in the future. For now, its better just to know it happened, but not dwell on the details.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home